Monday, April 23, 2018

May I Have Your Attention Please

Focus, focus, focus. Stay with me. Are you listening? Wake up. Pay attention. Eyes this way...

These things I have heard all my life, and now I find myself saying them from time to time. Most of the time it's not bad, but at times it can be.

I was reading a short article by Dr. Billy Graham this morning and something caught my attention. In the midst of this article he said, "Don't worship the work." I read and reread that statement several times. "Don't worship the work." It got my attention.

The work is not worthy of worship. Repeat that to yourself, "The work is not worthy of worship."

Nothing is every worthy of worship. It's not about what we worship but WHO we worship. Worship should never be a "what" kinda thing. The object of our worship is a person. His name is Jesus. Don't get so caught up in "working for Him" that you miss the wonder, the joy, the comfort, the glory and majesty of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment