Friday, March 23, 2018

Coach or Critic

I don't know about you but I've had a lot of coaches in my life. I played sports growing up and had coaches on every team I've ever played on. Coaches are awesome. Coaches want to help you so they teach you new things. Coaches are awesome. Coaches want you to reach your full potential so they encourage you. Coaches are awesome. Coaches want you to succeed so they are honest with you but they are honest in a way that motivates you to do better and try harder. Coaches are awesome. Coaches see the big picture, they see more than you do because they've been around longer, in most cases, and have more experience. Coaches are able to communicate with you so that you are able to hear, process, and apply. Coaches are awesome. Coaches ultimately build you up.

Critics are people in our lives, and I believe they, for the most part, want to help, but what critics do is beat you up. Critics are present, but they see the negative, and repeated point out your mistakes and failures. Critics are present, but they feel it their responsibility to put you in your place. Critics are present, but they...really get some kind of sick pleasure out of seeing you fail.

You have a choice to make today: Coach or Critic. One is a person that anyone would want to have walk through life together. The other is a person no one wants to have in their lives. Determine that you will be a coach today. Build up or beat up.

I'll take a few more coaches and would love to get rid of a few critics. I choose to be a coach to others. I want to be a builder-upper.

No comments:

Post a Comment