Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year from the Madaris family to you and your family. I trust you had a very special Christmas and a great time bringing in the New Year. I know you have probably, like me, made some New Year’s resolutions. I encourage you, since you have set some goals, to make an action plan so you will see it through. Don’t get discouraged by not taking the steps necessary to fulfill the commitment you have made to yourself, your family, the Lord Jesus, or whoever might be influenced and impacted. Make 2014 the best year ever!

I want to remind you that Highland Baptist Church is participating in the ONE Night of Worship at the Agri-Civic Center on Sunday night January 12 at 6 PM. Make plans to join other believers from around the county as we come together to worship King Jesus. We need a few greeters and a lot of singers, so if you would be interested in participating in one of these areas please let me know ASAP. I’m looking forward to worshiping with you then and throughout 2014.

Our theme for 2014 is We Are Church, and I will be preaching a six week sermon series called I am a Church Member. I hope you will come each week prayerfully prepared to hear from King Jesus through song, giving, and hearing the Word preached. We will be living out our theme as the body of Christ by means such as REACH via your Life Group, PLACE Ministry by which you will have an opportunity to find out how God has uniquely placed you in this body to serve Him, and the other ministries we currently use: AWANA, Revolution Students, Children’s ministry, Joy Club, worship team, greeting ministry, and so many more.


May God’s richest blessing be yours this year. I love you and am so thankful that we have this opportunity to serve the Lord together. I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment