Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One of those weeks.


Have you ever had one of those weeks?! I’m having one this week (it’s Wednesday) as I write this update. Please pray for my family as the Lord brings us to mind. My grandfather, Rev. Ed Madaris (97 years old) will be going home to be with the Lord soon. The Lord truly blessed me by allowing him to be my grandfather. He has spoken words of influence, correction, and encouragement into my life these 41 years, but especially since 1998 when I entered ministry. My life has been greatly shaped by my granddaddy, and I will miss him greatly when he is gone. On top of that, my mom has had to have a biopsy of a mass and the doctor is pretty sure it’s cancer. The final results are not in, but she, the doctor, was pretty confident in her preliminary diagnosis. We covet your prayers during these next few days. Life seems to be taking some unexpected changes. But I can say this with great confidence, the Lord is good, and He is so very faithful. Heaven is something/someplace to gain; death is not to be feared. Death is only a shadow of what it is for those who are in Christ Jesus because of the finished work of King Jesus on the cross. Psalm 23:4 says, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” It is so comforting to know that He, the Lord Jesus Christ, is with me, with you, with us! Thank you in advance for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment