Thursday, February 6, 2014

Weekly Email Update Article

I am so pumped about what the Holy Spirit is doing as He works through our Life Groups. We have one full month of REACH behind us, and we have seen the hand of the Holy Spirit doing wonderful things. Some evidence of His moving is 1) we averaged 207 in Life Groups during the month of January, and 2) we had a high attendance of 228 in the month of January. Praise the Lord! If you aren’t plugged into a Life Group, please check one out and engage. It will be a blessing to your life and your family. BTW, we had 223 this past Sunday in Life Groups and 334 in worship. Did I say how excited I am?!!!

I also wanted to take a moment to congratulate our “Gold Star” and “Silver Star” classes. You have been recognized for exceptional work, as a class, using REACH. Each week, be looking for and working toward earning that “Gold Star.” I pray you see God working in amazing ways as you REACH out with the love of Christ Jesus.

I want to update you on the Strategic Leadership Team meeting Monday night. We had a great time hearing about some specific ways the Lord Jesus is working in different areas of our church. The first PLACE seminar was January 24-25, and there were 14 people who attended. All of them will have received their coaching by next week, and they will begin to move toward actively engaging in a ministry that allows them to use their gifts and passions to serve King Jesus at Highland and beyond. We had three people who attended the seminar share their experiences, and it was very powerful to hear what they learned about themselves and how the Holy Spirit moved in their lives. It lights a fire in me to see people excited about walking with and serving the Lord Jesus. Keep your eyes open for the next seminar coming in March. The time in March will be formatted as a 5 week Life Group. We will also have 2 more PLACE seminar experiences in September. I hope you will make plans to participate. We are planning to make some changes to the time and format of our SLT. We will be moving the time to the third Sunday of the month, and will also have a time of food and fellowship following each meeting. I’m praying that our participation will improve because of these changes. I look forward to seeing you there.


Lastly, I want to thank Jeff Drake for preaching the message on praying for your pastor and church leaders. Thank you for praying for my family and me. I pray the Lord does amazing things as you pursue Him. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment