Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Weekly Update 2-12-16

I am thoroughly enjoying preparing each week for our current series “Follow Me.” Matthew 4:19 is at the forefront of my mind each week, and I am learning so much as I approach each week from the perspective of Jesus calling us to follow Him. As we continue looking at Revelation 1:1-8 I will be focusing on the end of verse 5 and verse 6. These verses are absolutely loaded with encouragement and transformational truths! I pray you are preparing your heart and mind to receive ALL that God the Holy Spirit has for you this coming Sunday. I believe we are going to have an amazing time of worship together. Come prayed up and prepared. I want to encourage you to prayerfully invite someone to come with you to church this weekend or next weekend. Step out in faith in this area of your life and see God move. God wants to use you and your family to alter someone’s eternity, and I pray you will allow Him to do what He desires to do through you. He wants to minister to someone through you; He has chosen you for that exact purpose.

Easter is coming up on March 27. We will be hosting the sunrise service at Camp Barnhardt. The service will begin at 6:45am. We will serve breakfast at the church following the sunrise service. I want to make Easter Sunday a high attendance day for our church for both Life Groups and worship. I am setting the goal of 250 in Life Groups and 350 for worship. We will have one service on Easter Sunday with Life Groups meeting at 9am and worship at 10:15am. I want to encourage you to begin working on your guest list. Let’s pack the place out and see what God will do. I want to encourage you to invite your lost friends, relatives, associates, and neighbors for this special day. Invite them to church and maybe out for lunch. Offer to give them a ride to church. Take a leap of faith. God will honor it!

I also want to make you aware that after much prayer and after talking with the deacons we are going to make a change in our Sunday morning schedule from now through the end of August. We will be moving to a schedule with Life Groups at 9am and worship at 10:15am. There are several reason for making this decision, and two of those reasons are needs within the children’s ministry concerning volunteers and the strain that two services is placing on our music ministry volunteers right now. As we move into the fall of 2016 and praying that we will have a new minister of music in place, we will move back to two services after Labor Day in September. Please help us spread the word about these changes to our schedule. Thank you in advance for your help, prayers, and support as we continue moving forward as God is leading us. The first Sunday for the new schedule will be Sunday February 21, 2016.

I also want to let you know that the personnel committee and I are making great strides in our search for both staff positions. We hope to have some great news in the coming few weeks. Please pray that the Lord Jesus continues to show us clearly His plans for our church concerning these ministry leaders for our church body. I am very excited as I have conversations with the search team and candidates. Praise the Lord!

Can’t wait to see you on Sunday. God bless you.

Pastor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment